The TVSC Competitive Program allows dedicated and ambitious young athletes a highly competitive environment in which to train and play. This competitive environment is beneficial to allowing young athletes to aspire to and reach their true soccer potential. Blue, White and Red competitive teams are built through the Player Placement process which takes place in May each year. The Player Placement process is a player evaluation process which selects players based on level of ability and commitment to the game of soccer. Players and/or teams constructed through the annual Player Placement process often participate in Summer soccer and skills camps during the summer months and begin training in earnest in August, in preparation for the Fall season which kicks-off in the early September timeframe.
Competitive teams train twice per week with a third day of technical training with the TVSC technical training staff. Goal Keepers will attend an additional day of specialized goal keeper training each week.
Competitive teams participate in a league of appropriate level and, on average, play in one tournament per month. In addition to the TVSC Registration costs, all Competitive teams will have coaching/training fees and tournament fees. In most cases training fees, team equipment and tournament costs are all rolled into a single monthly team contribution so family payments are easily managed and evenly distributed over the course of the season. Scholarships are available.
Competitive registration for 2014-2015 season: $190.00
What to Expect:
- Experienced, Nationally licensed Blue team coaches. Qualified, many licensed White and Red team coaches.
- 10 month commitment (August through May).
- U8-U14 will have Fall and Spring seasons, with holiday break last two weeks of December
- U15-U18 will break for AIA high school soccer season (November - January)
- Competitive and developmentally appropriate environment which focuses on skill development and allows young players to progress toward their full potential
- Training twice weekly with an additional technical session each week
- Specialized goalkeeper training session each week
- Players selected and team formed through Player Placement process held in May each year
- League and tournament play is dependent on level of team
Competitive Program Leadership
Competitive Director: Collier Hill
Executive Director of Coaching: Jon Pearlman
Boys Director of Coaching: Jon Pearlman
Girls Director of Coaching: Kate Norton